How to ensure your eyebrows last longer.
Eyebrow Feathering is a semi permanent method of cosmetic tattooing. Implemented in the top layer of the skin in the epidermis. What we do on the surface of our skin daily will effect the results and the time period of how long the feathering lasts. It is normal for the feathering to last anywhere between 6-12 months, depending on your skin type. Naturally our skin sheds off the dead skins cells and thats how your eyebrows will become lighter over time.
To ensure you gain optimum results here are some tips!
- Don’t exfoliate over your brows, exfoliate around them.
- Sunscreen is advised to protect them from fading. This doesn’t mean you have to put a sunblock on your brows everyday, wearing a moisturiser that has SPF 15, 20 + is sufficient. When applying to the face, continue to apply over the eyebrows as well.
- Don’t wax over the area. I would stick to threading to ensure no damage is done to the skin, as this can happen when waxing.
- No peels, AHAs or any intense products over your brows. When receiving facials do remind them to avoid your eyebrows. Usually they go around them but I would remind them each time. Products to avoid over your eyebrows are: Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Glycolic Acid, Alpha-Arbutin and certain acne products.
- If you are undergoing laser treatments, again completely avoid the eyebrow area.
- Always remember to follow the aftercare instructions after each touch up session. Even if you’ve had multiple touch ups, refresh your memory each time with our instructions, to ensure your brows hold.
If you aren’t sure that the products you use are suitable, you can always email us to double check.
Enjoy the extra 20 minute sleep in the mornings ladies!